Ms. Siri Sakhamuru, 5th year, B.B.A.L.L.B (Hons.) a student of ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad has interned in our Association form 9th December 2019 to 15th January 2020 for a period of one month and fifteen days.
During her time as an intern, she has assisted the associates and the members of the organization at various levels and has involved in the following activities;
- She has assisted the clients regarding providing information relating to citizenship and application of Birth Certificates.
- She has extensively researched on the legal status of Tibetans in India.
- She assisted as well as drafted the sexual harassment policy for our association and has also proof read the same.
- She has made a study on the United Nation’s Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, 1951 and it’s Protocol, 1967.
- She made a research analysis on the need for a definitive legal framework for Tibetans in India, especially defining their legal status.
- She has understood the working and structure of the Central Tibetan Administration as well as the Tibetan Parliament-in-Exile.
- She has researched on the recent amendment to the Citizenship Act, 1956
- She was primarily involved in her project work titled, “The Legal Status of Tibetans in India – With a special reference to Citizenship Act, 1956 and the Foreigner’s Act, 1946”.
As an intern Siri has exhibited efficient research skills with analytical approach. Her attitude towards work showed perseverance and dedication towards the work is commendable. Her work as an intern was valuable and efficient. We wish her all the best for her future endeavors.